Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
156 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Hi There, I am male, 27 years, married. I have

Answered by
Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon

Practicing since :2016

Answered : 1078 Questions

Posted on Fri, 22 Feb 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi There,

I am male, 27 years, married. I have a mild case of Phimosis. When I am not erect, my foreskin can be stretched down the XXXXXXX When I am erect, it doesn't' happen automatically. If I pull my foreskin down it will slide down without pain till I reach half the XXXXXXX and below that, I need to pull down with mild discomfort. However, if I use some lubrication it does go down easily.

I went to a Urologist. He didn't even take a look at my Penis and right away said circumcision. I researched on the internet and I find that I have a mild form of Phimosis. I can get a circumcision, but I am wondering if there are other means of solving the issue. I am pretty sure mine is not a severe form of Phimosis as I said, with lube, it glides down easily.

Question is: Other options to stretch the foreskin apart from circumcision.
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try a steroid creme

Detailed Answer:
Hi Gdaneshmanohar,

You should try a steroid creme for a few weeks. This will likely help and help avoid circumcision.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 1 hour later
Thank you Dr. Christensen very much for your reply. I would definitely try this.

Can you suggest a few steroid creams for this purpose? I live in Germany and wish to find it via Pharmacie or XXXXXXX

Also, should the application from the inside part of the foreskin or is it enough on the outer skin?

Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try Locoid or Dermovat for a few weeks

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

Try Locoid or Dermovate cream twice a day for 3 weeks. Use it on all the foreskin, inside and outside.

Let me know how it works out.

Best wishes.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on