Hi, Nedra here: just got out of hospital trying to
Its a laxative
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor.
Docusate is a stool softener used to help with constipation, or if you are prescribed a medication that can cause constipation like some pain medications, it is given to prevent constipation.
I hope that answers your question, please let me know if you have any other questions about that and I'd be glad to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining