Hi, My baby (11 months old) has been crawling for

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Tue, 27 Mar 2018 in Child Health
Question: Hi, My baby (11 months old) has been crawling for about 2-3 months now. Of late, he has developed marks on little toes on his feet (pics attached). At the moment, these marks do not seem large and do seem to cause any discomfort to him while crawling. Are these marks related to his crawling or is there something else that we need to be worried about?
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These are pressure marks - nothing to worry about

Detailed Answer:
Hello...these are pressure marks and smoothening of skin due to pressure due to body weight while crawling. Nothing to worry about them at all. They will disappear once the kid starts walking.
But just an observation - he is having dry skin on the dorsum of his foot.
I suggest you use emollients like - Atogla thrice a day for a period of 6 weeks

I wish your kid a bright future. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link.
Once the page opens there will be an option below my image as – ASK ME A QUESTION – click on it.
In this way even in health care magic you can follow up always with a single doctor who knows the history of your kid completely. Please find the link below -

www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696
Regards - Dr Sumanth
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana