question-icon

Hi. I Used Crack Cocaine For A Couple Days And

Posted on Thu, 6 Sep 2018
Question: Hi. I used crack Cocaine for a couple days and on the first day I noticed that my feet ankles and calves had swollen considerably. What is going on. I don’t use Cocaine at all. Been going through a hard time in life and decided what the hell i will have some fun. Thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (57 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

After going through the medical details provided by you I can understand your situation and I would like to say that hard times is a part of life which comes and goes and taking a drug to face them is not at all wise. It will just make you more less efficient.

Crack cocaine is free form and is the most addictive one. Although it doesn’t causes ankle swelling but can surely cause nervous breakdowns with aggressive behaviours. Also it can cause sudden cardiac arrhythmia which could be fatal also.

So I would like to suggest you to hold yourself, stay positive things will improve soon. But if you find it difficult then you should take the help of a psychologist instead of taking cocaine.

Hopefully the swelling will subside in a couple of days but if it doesn’t then we need to conduct few tests.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the detailed medical history.

Now as there are couple of risk factors in your case like smoking, hypertension, age group so the possibility of developing peripheral vasucular as well as coronary artery disease go high.

As you are telling that you are experiencing pain along with swelling in limbs which go be a sign of peripheral vascular disease precipitated by cocaine use so it becomes highly advisable to consult your primary physician asap to get a proper physical examination done and some imaging tests also might be required.

I hope this information will guide you properly. Feel free to ask if you have any other doubts or else you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Bhanu Partap (0 minute later)
Thanks Dr Partap for responding so quickly. Ok the neXT question is why are my feet ankles calves the legs swelling up. I am a 52yr old male. I have high blood pressure I do smoke and was over weight for part of my life. Due to Recent split from my wife of 20 years I had lost 40 lbs and have been working out and eating healthy. Yes I had done the freebase cocaine which. I thought was the reason for the swelling. My question to you is what would CAUSETHIS TO HAPPEN! It is becoming painful and I am becoming worried. Is it some thing due to my health thanks

Darren

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist