question-icon

Hi, I sent this report into Kardia and the doctor

Posted on Sun, 20 Jan 2019
Question: Hi, I sent this report into Kardia and the doctor sent back Sinus Tach. but needa further review within 24 Hours. this is the first time I%E2%80%99ve seen the %E2%80%9CNeeds Review%E2%80%9D. I sent to my doctor but most likely will not hear back until after the Holidays. Should I be worried?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Sinus Tachycardia

Detailed Answer:
Welcome.
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
The ECG shows sinus Tachycardia. Sinus Rhythm is a normal rhythm.
Tachycardia could be due to anxiety, common in smokers, during stress, fever or infection.
So it is just a response of the body and is nothing to be worried about from cardiac point of view unless you have some symptoms.
Why did you do this test? Do you have any symptoms?
Please get back with the answers so that I can help you further.
Thanks and take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist