Hi, I notice a small bump inside my right ear

Question
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
More information needed

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern and saw the picture, however the nature of the growth is not clear and I would need additional information in order to get a better idea.
Is it painful? Is it itchy? Is it flesh colored and hard to the touch or is it filled with fluid?

It seems to me like a sebaceous cyst, which is usually a lump that can be painful or not. Sebaceous cysts are harmless, grow slowly and sometimes can go away on its own.

I hope this helps. Feel free to add additional information or ask further questions.

Kind regards.

Follow-up: Hi, I notice a small bump inside my right ear 15 minutes later
no pain, no itchy, no fluid

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Benign growth

Detailed Answer:

It looks like a benign growth which is very common. However, I recommend you see an ENT for a closer inspection and to rule out anything more serious.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards.

Follow-up: Hi, I notice a small bump inside my right ear 7 hours later
when I touch is soft , like nothing is there

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 35 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibly a pimple

Detailed Answer:
It is probably a pimple or a collection of fat tissue. If it doesn’t heal with time and becomes harder and painful you should see a dermatologist.

I hope this was helpful.
Kind regards.