Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

137 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Hi, I have penile arterial insufficiency and venous leakage and

Answered by
Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2012

Answered : 1802 Questions

Posted on Tue, 22 Jan 2019 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi, I have penile arterial insufficiency and venous leakage and hence I have erection problem since 4 years and I now take Statin and LDL cholesterol lowering dose, so what is my solution?
Answered by Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pleaee see detalied answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hi and Welcome to "Ask A Doctor" service .I have read your question and here is my advice.
I understand your problem and your concern.The LDL level you said is not too high .For this level we do not need very high dose statin. Even only life style modifications ( excercise and more vegetables and fruits , less sweets and carbs ) may be sufficient .But statin are good .while 10 mg may have more effects then 5 mg , but we should increase it only if needed .So I suggest we can wait for this 5 mg along with life styles modifications and rechek lipids in few month time.If it was still high we an increase it gradually up to 80 mg if needed.
Besides this we should also adress other risks for vascular issues ( if any ) like to control BP ,sugar and reduce weght .
Regarding your errection problem , I understansd it's effects but it's a comm on and manageable .While we need to adress the vascular risks as above but if you have still errection problems then we may use phosphodiesterase inhibitors like sildinafil .This is a common probelm and the said drug is pretty safe and effective .
Hope this would help you alot .We should also adress other causes of errection problems like social or pscalogical stressor .You may see a sexalogist for better management of the issue.I hope things would get quite better .Good luck.Please feel free to ask if you have any further question or concerns. kind Regards Dr Rahman

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on