Hi, I have penile arterial insufficiency and venous leakage and
Pleaee see detalied answer below
Hi and Welcome to "Ask A Doctor" service .I have read your question and here is my advice.
I understand your problem and your concern.The LDL level you said is not too high .For this level we do not need very high dose statin. Even only life style modifications ( excercise and more vegetables and fruits , less sweets and carbs ) may be sufficient .But statin are good .while 10 mg may have more effects then 5 mg , but we should increase it only if needed .So I suggest we can wait for this 5 mg along with life styles modifications and rechek lipids in few month time.If it was still high we an increase it gradually up to 80 mg if needed.
Besides this we should also adress other risks for vascular issues ( if any ) like to control BP ,sugar and reduce weght .
Regarding your errection problem , I understansd it's effects but it's a comm on and manageable .While we need to adress the vascular risks as above but if you have still errection problems then we may use phosphodiesterase inhibitors like sildinafil .This is a common probelm and the said drug is pretty safe and effective .
Hope this would help you alot .We should also adress other causes of errection problems like social or pscalogical stressor .You may see a sexalogist for better management of the issue.I hope things would get quite better .Good luck.Please feel free to ask if you have any further question or concerns. kind Regards Dr Rahman
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol