Hi, I got the reports of my health check few
Even though I have moderate physical activity during the day and eat really less during the day, I have been gaining weight from last 2-3 months. I also feel very low on energy all the time and having pain in my legs after I sit for more than an hour and try to walk. The pain stays for a few minutes then goes away. It also turns in swollen feet if I exert myself a little. Can you please look at the report and let me know if this is due to TSH or any other reasons. What precautions or medication should I take?
The report is almost normal
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
If we look at each parameter separately, then the report looks normal.
The symptoms do not seem to be due to TSH.
From your description, there could be other possibilities like auto-immune condition, rheumatologic disorder, peripheral artery disease or spinal stenosis or disc problem, lump in abdomen, PCOS.
We need to look for the cause and not take medicines unnecessarily.
My suggestions are as follows:
- Consultation with orthopedic surgeon and a surgeon for swollen feet
- Do these blood tests from a reputed laboratory: anti-TPO antibodies, ANA (Antinuclear antibody) levels, Rheumatoid factor.
- Ultrasound whole abdomen
- Vitamin D supplementation after consulting orthopedic surgeon
- Clean drinking water, Avoid drinks that are citric or lemon-y, sour
- Further tests as advised by the surgeons.
- Regular exercise atleast 30 min a day (apart from daily activity).
Hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...