Hi , I am suffering from IBS and have symptoms
I am suffering from IBS and have symptoms like constipation & diarrhea, bloating and abdominal cramping on the lower left abdomen. I have been prescribed Rifagut 400, Nexpro L and vibact for 7 days. Now the symptoms are ok, but now I have a sour taste in mouth and what ever I eat I feel sour. Is it because of any medicines or some thing else. Please respond.
Possible drug induced side effects
I can certainly understand your concern.
I have worked through your attached query in detail.
The current symptoms of yours are probably related to side effects of the medications which are being taken.
This could probably be drug induced gastritis.
A short course of oral Pantoprazole will help to treat your symptoms.
Post your further questions if any
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does excessive massage result in temporary nerve damage?
- What is the prognosis for CKD with eGFR of 52?
- Suggest treatment for sore lesions on the chin and buttocks, nausea and...
- What do ingestion, diarrhea and brain fog indicate despite following a...
- Can CFS and de Quervain tenosynovitis increase one's CK levels?
- What causes chronic vomiting after several surgeries around the uterus...
- What causes difficulty in sleeping in an elderly person?
- Suggest ways to lose weight in a healthy manner
- Suggest treatment for persistent sinus infection
- Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails