Hi Dr. Kakkar! You helped me recently with a question
1). The consensus seems to be that the plantar wart implantstion wouldn’t have caused the nasal lesion, but could I have possibly spread the virus by touching the plantar wart and then the inside of my nose? I know there are numerous types of HPV and I would think the plantar and nasal strains are different...
2). Am I at risk of spreading the HPV from my nasal papilloma (if it is viral in origin) to other areas? Now I’m paranoid every time I blow my nose. Also, last night I think I swallowed what was a piece of perhaps the dried up tissue or blood from the biopsy site and now I have anxiety induced visions of it spreading lesions in my esophagus ofnwherecer (yes, can you tell I’m just a little anxious and stressed over this lol?)
3) Finally, now that I have both plantar warts (that haven’t responded to treatment) and the nasal papilloma possibly caused by HPV, I’m paranoid that I’m going to have these warts and papillomas growing all over...yikes! Do you think it’s just a random occurrence that I have these existing ones and there’s no need to stress over the prospect of other ones? I’m essentially healthy and only have fibromyalgia, high blood pressure, and I did have mononucleosis decades ago...
Thank you for always being there and for any reassurances you can provide!!
Regarding nasal papilloma
Hello. thank you for putting your question.
Given that the location of the nasal papilloma is such and your ENT is reasonably sure about this not being an inverted papilloma, so this is most likely a squamous papilloma (pending biopsy result).
Though plantar warts and nasal papillomas usually would be from different HPV types but it is possible to autoinnoculate through hands from plantar infection to nasal vestibule. This is a more logical route than plantar autoinnoculation leading to nasal papilloma.
HPV only infects keratinized epithelium whereas oesophagus lining is not keratinized. So orsophageal infection is not possible.
Mostly HPV types are site specific. Moreover a healthy host would be able to prevent dissemination.
Let me know if you need any more assistance
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body