Hi Dr: I have a question about a symptom that
I have a question about a symptom that has been going on for about 5 days. it started out with bad stools, mild stomach pain, and some indigestion. However, that has all done away and feeling normal again with the exception of I continue to have excessive burping. That is the only symptom left is burping throughout the day.
The other question I have is I did get an endoscopy 10 years ago with a follow up 4 years ago. Nothing came up with the exception of a mild ulcer that was medicated. Is that 4 year old endoscopy now considered out dated for cancer screening? I understand that other issues can come up but just curious about the cancer screening.
I also had my 1st colonoscopy at 50 which was normal.
Please let me know your thoughts on those two questions.
Thanks, XXXXXXX Rosen
Hello. So it is a likely enteritis
Hello dear. I have gone through your query. So the symptoms which you described points towards mild enteritis, which is infection of gut. Enteritis if mild, resolve on its own in 3 to 4 days. You just have to increase your fluid intake and eat fresh veggies n fruits. A short course of probiotics also helps.
As you had your screening colonoscopy at 50 yrs of age, and it was normal, next should be done at 10 years.
Of course if abdominal pain persists, in left side of abdomen, then an upper gi endoscopy is warranted to look for ulcer recurrence.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further
Hello. Endoscopy is not indicated for stomach, esophagus
Hello again. So we don't advise endoscopy for screening for stomach and esophagus as it is not indicated. However, a relook endoscopy may be required considering past history of ulcer.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inflammation in the lungs while treating pneumonia?
- Can nodules in the lungs be cancerous?
- What are the long term side effects of Cytoxan and Taxotere?
- What does this biopsy report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for cough, headache and nausea
- Suggest treatment for a large tumor in the abdomen
- What is the prognosis for metastatic ampullary carcinoma?
- Suggest treatment for iron deficiency anemia
- What does my lab test report indicate?
- Is missing a dosage of medicine during anti tubular lymphadenitis...