Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Hi Doctor, my colleague 35 years of age recently had

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 16144 Questions
Hi Doctor,
my colleague 35 years of age recently had severe stomach ache after which he got ultrasound done... which is indicating stones in gall bladder.. though he dont have pain now but does it require surgery to operate or can be treated with medicine to avoid reoccurrence in future.
Tue, 6 Feb 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Requires surgery as explained.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history about your colleague and understood the concerns.
Posting the original report would have helped me more to assist better.
If there is even a single attack of gallbladder with stones confirmed surgery should be done for the following reasons:
There can be recurrent attacks.
Small stones can pass to bile ducts and cause obstructive jaundice or pancreatitis which are dangerous disease.
Hence to avoid the complications surgery should be done.
There are no sure-shot medications that can remove the gallstones hence surgery is a must.
I hope this answers your query.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is agap of communication.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor