Hi Doctor, My 15 months old baby has been having
My 15 months old baby has been having loose motions since last 4 days with vomiting at times.
She was prescribed Enterogermina vials twice a day and junior lanzoprax for three days but her condition hasn't changed much. Please advise.
We have mostly been giving her liquid foods but she doesn't have much appetite
Need more details
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor services.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I need more details so that I am better able to help. Please send details like frequency of stools, any mucous or blood in stools, any other symptoms like fever, etc?
From your description she seems to have viral gastroenteritis.
You can give her ORS after every motion and vomiting.
For vomiting please give her syrup Ondansteron 1 ml twice a day.
Regarding food, avoid raw foods, can give her pomegranate seeds (if she can swallow well). Give her whatever she feels like eating. Avoid juices. Give milk in moderation.
Hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The frequency is around 3- 4 times a day and few times like really little amount comes out.
There is no blood,occasionally have felt mucous to be there.
No other symptom now but prior to the motions she had fever for two days( last sat-sun, motions from monday onwards). The poop has a slight greenish tinge now.
How long before she gets normal ?
It could still take 5-6 days
Greenish tinge could mean bile pigments and its happening because food is passing too quickly from the intestines downwards.
I still donot see a reason to start antibiotics.
I will suggest that you wait for few days. Also keep giving her foods that will delay passing of stools like pomegranate or other thick foods like cerelac or cookies in milk.
Dont give her milk overnight for one night so that she passes thicker stool in morning.
"Dont give her milk overnight for one night so that she passes thicker stool in morning."
Just to verify , she is still breastfed ,should I stop that too ?
Can give 8 hours gap in breast feed
Can give 8 hrs gap in breast feed for one night.
Also mucous could be due to unclean water. So give her water with lower TDS.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...