Hi Doctor, I am being diagnosed with Fistula. Could you
I am being diagnosed with Fistula.
Could you please suggest the treatment.
Surgery is the only option
As per your description,it looks like Anal fistula.
It is communication from the Skin exteriorly to the Anal canal inside.It is like a Tract.
There is no Medical treatment for Anal fistula.
Whole fistulous tract has to be removed surgically under Anaesthesia.
If the external opening is near the Anal opening, surgery will be simple.If it is far away,the tract will be passing through Anal sphincter muscles making the surgery complex.It can be managed too.
I prefer a Fistulogram first where a XXXXXXX is injected through External opening to visualize the Tract.
Please consult your Surgeon and proceed further.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having watery mucus in stools. Taking probiotic for gas and bloating....
- Had enlarged lymph node on thigh. Reason for pain in middle back and...
- Hernia surgery done. Having pain in leg while walking. How long will it...
- Itching, burning sensation and pain in anal area. Related to stomach...
- Got hit on head. Big lump appeared. No dizziness or memory loss. Worried...
- Feeling nauseous and abdominal pain after gall bladder removal. What...
- Having cough and sore throat. Can I consume herbalife f1 shake, tea and...
- Diarrhea and weight loss after operation. Not cured by medicine. How to...
- Having chest pain. Taking pan-d. ECG normal. What is causing this and cure?
- Had stent put in leg. Having discomfort in calf, pain and swelling in...