Hi Doc, I have reached out to you on 2

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Mar 2019 in General Health
Question: Hi Doc,

I have reached out to you on 2 weeks back regarding pain while urinating. You suggested some medicine and asked me to go for lab tests. The tests are out and attached. Below is our earlier conversation. Please advise next steps. Thanks.

3-Feb: I felt pain in my penis and extended as areas. The pain comes out especially after urination. It's more of a pain than burning sensation.
4-6 Feb: Used Norfloxacin 6 tabs for 3 days (from local medical shop)
9-13 Feb: Used Cefixime, Nitrofurantoin and Flavoxate twice daily for 5 days (as per your advice)
17 Feb: Urine sample given. I am not able to attach the report in this page, but below are the details. I'll see if I can attach in next page.

Organism Isolated: Klebsiella oxytoca
Colony Count >10*5 Cfu/ml

Previous conversation
-------------------------------

Hi, Since last 24 hours, I am feeling pain in my penis and extended as areas. The pain comes out especially after urination. It's more of a pain than burning sensation. I started drinking plenty of water. Should I take any medication or wait for it to go naturally. I do not have any history of urinary problems. Please advice. -Male, 38 years, XXXXXXX - Asked by Me , Sun, 3 Feb 2019

Hello
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted the pain at the end of urination that you have is mostly due to infection of the Trigone area of the bladder (Trigonotis )/

Get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin and urinary antispasmodics like Flavoxate twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water to keep urine dilute .This will help to reduce pain .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have UTI caused by Klebsiella Oxatica organisms

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query.

Based on the facts and report of your urine analysis and culture you have UTI DUE TO Klebsiella Oxatica organism.

Please star taking antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin and Nitrofurantoin along with antacid like Pantaprazole twice daily. You will need to take these antibiotics for two weeks.

Ensure to drink more water.

Thanks and Regards
DrPatil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 9 minutes later
Thank you very much. Can you provide the mg (250, 500or 1000mg) for both the tablets. I guess the dosage is twice daily.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details bepplw

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up
Take zciproloxacin 500 mg and Nitrofuratoin100 mg twice daily
Thanks and Regards DrPatil