Hi Doc, I have a concerning issue happening. when I
I woul explain as follows:
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service!
I passed carefully through your question an would explain that your symptoms do not seem to be related to a blockage on the neck, but just to a wrong position during sleeping.
Do you smoke? I would like to know more about your past medical history (do you suffer from dyslipidemia, diabetes or hypertension?).
If you have no such cardio-vascular risk factors, there is no reason to panic about carotid artery blockage or narrowing, especially considering your age.
Anyway, a Doppler ultrasound of the carotid arteries, would help to examine the blood flow in your carotid arteries and totally exclude any possible narrowing in them.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need!
Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
My opinion as follows:
In my opinion it could be the anatomical characteristics of your arteries (their position and their relation to the other anatomical structures in this region) that could lead to such clinical situation.
But, this does not mean that something serious is going on.
Anyway, I would recommend performing a Doppler ultrasound of the carotid arteries in order to be sure that the blood flow in normal in them and definitely put your mind to peace.
Hope you will find this information helpful!
If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!
Wishing all the best,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?