Hello the H plyori number is 66.3 u/ml. Was prescribed
Hi, thank you for asking!
You are reporting to have H.pylori infection and you have started the treatment recently.
It is mandatory to use all medications at the same time i.e.
Amoxicillin 1.0 gr twice per day for 10-14 days,
Clarithromycin 500 mg twice per day for 10- 15 days
Omeprazole 40 mg per day for at least 4 weeks
It means that you should start all three medications on the same day.
You are reporting to have used Amoxicillin for the first 5 days and after that Clarithromycin for the last 5 days.
This is not correct form to eradicate H.pylori infection.
So please start all of them at the same day and continue them for 10 days.
After that continue only Omeprazole for 4 weeks.
Hope it was helpful to you!
With regards to antibiotics side effects, yes it true.
They may have side effects like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea in some cases.
Otherwise, your symptoms may be due to Amoxicillin /Clarithromycin side effects or due to acute viral infection.
Meantime you can drink plenty of electrolyte-rich fluids, use Acetaminophen to get relief from body aches.
Hope it was helpful to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome due to mild lupus. Have...
- Had sinus infection and prescribed with amox clav. Recommended to have...
- Using anti wrinkle cream with Retinol. Lips peeling and crackling....
- What causes feeling of foul taste coming from stomach when i burp?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting post hip surgery
- Is it normal to have spillage from fistulectomy wound?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain
- What causes dark stools and itchy anus?
- What causes burning in the upper part of throat?
- What does elevated CA level indicate?