Hello doctor, from last 4days I am having stomach upset

Dr. Shinas Hussain

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2019 in General Health
Question: Hello doctor, from last 4days I am having stomach upset. I feel like I have to go for a motion but when I go there is nothing except gas. I am continuously having this feeling of passing motion. Which is irritating. Also I went to doctor who prescribed me softavac and nexito plus thinking that it might be IBS with constipation. Now when I took that I was continuously passing stool but the sensation of going to poop is not ending. What should I do ? I have also completed the course of O2 TABLETS and darolac.should I go for any test?
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Colonoscopy will confirm the diagnosis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query,
The symptoms are consistent with conditions like IBS.
As a first line management you can take laxatives like lactulose for symptomatic relief:
Avoid spicy foods and include more fiber rich foods in your diet, can go for stool examination including culture, sensitivity, ova and parasites.
If symptoms persists better to consult a gastroenterologist and plan for a colonoscopy.
Wishing all the best.
thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj