Hello doctor, I was curious if this looks like something
I was curious if this looks like something to be concerned about (see image)? I%E2%80%99ve had this acne on my chest for months and it hasn%E2%80%99t spread beyond that area and I don%E2%80%99t know what%E2%80%99s causing it. It itches at times and I%E2%80%99m concerned that it might be something serious (like a sign of cancer or something).
infection of sweat glands, benign condition.
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have read your query with attached image.
* As per my surgical experience, the skin eruptions are due to infection involving the
sweat glands of the chest wall.
* There is no threat of cancer so far as this condition is concerned, but precise treatment
is mandatory to cure it.
* It is recommended to consult a dermatologist with regular intake of antibiotic tablets
as well as local creams to cure the infection at earliest possible time.
* Till that time, should follow basic modalities at home
- Keep the area clean with antiseptic liquid.
- Avoid tight garments.
- Prefer cotton loose clothes.
- Avoid direct sun exposure.
- Maintain hydration with plenty of liquids.
- Tub bath with lukewarm water added epsom salt helps great in healing such leasions.
- Avoid smoking ( if doing ).
- Keep blood sugar under control.
Welcome for any further assistance.
Wish you best recovery.