Hello, My wife delivered a baby girl on 30 November

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 22 Dec 2018 in Women's Health
Question: Hello, My wife delivered a baby girl on 30 November through C sec. Both mother and baby are fine and we got discharged yesterday night. She is breastfeeding the baby every 2 hours. Today morning she has observed hard lumpd inside both arms. Is it related to breastfeeding? Is there any cause for concern?
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 minutes later
Please find attached images
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 minutes later
Imaged
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 0 minute later
Image 2
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is a normal change.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.
l have seen the attached images. The lumps that you have observed in both the armpits is the enlarged breast tail which usually swells due to overactivity of breast glands during breast feeding. This is a physiological change and is not related to any abnormality.
These lumps usually reduce on their own after you stop the breast feeding. There is no need to worry. You can get it examined by your gynecologist to confirm this further.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad