Hello. I've been worried for a few weeks about the
Thoughts on this
Hello and welcome,
Here are my thoughts on what might be going on:
If the stool is a very light yellow, like a clay color, it can be from obstruction of bile. The most common cause of that is gall stones in the tube that exits the liver and gall bladder.
You didn't mention if you have lost weight, but there is an increased risk of developing a gall stone if there has been rapid weight loss. In addition to light yellow poop, the urine can look darker or brownish.
If the stool is a bright kind of yellow it can be from taking vitamin B.
If it is a yellow-green, it can be from a more rapid "transit" time through your gut. When food moves through more quickly, such as if there is diarrhea, there isn't time for the bile pigments to get broken down, so they remain a yellow color rather than brown.
Does any of this fit what you are experiencing?
Bright yellow or yellow-brown: I'm going to bet on it being related to increased Vitamin Bs. Also possibly just the change in your diet. It likely is not anything worrisome.
You lost 24 pounds - yay! This is great. But unless you are being closely monitored, you may want to slow down the rate of weight loss, because, like I mentioned above, a rapid weight loss can precipitate gall stones.
Thoughts on this
Yes, people who are heavier do tend to lose more weight initially. And discontinuing processed and sugary foods can make a big difference. I would suspect that is the reason for the weight loss you are seeing. I can't really say whether the supplements are greatly contributing to your weight loss as there isn't enough research on these regarding weight loss for me to go on. By the way, inositol is a B vitamin, so that may be contributing the the yellowness of the stool.
Improving one's diet by avoiding processed and other crappy foods is the best way to be well and lose weight, so you are doing a very good job!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis