Hello! Im attaching a copy of a pathology report for

Dr. Rajat Basak

ENT Specialist

Posted on Thu, 24 Jan 2019 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello! Im attaching a copy of a pathology report for a soft tissue mass found in my left nasal vestibule on a CT scan of my sinuses. I just visited my ENT and scheduled surgery for him to remove the balance of the papilloma (which he indicated is quite small now). I inderstand that there are three types of Schneiderian papillomas...inverting, exophytic and oncocytic. My ENT told me that mine is not the inverting thpe...can you review the report and let me know which of the other types it is (along with any other words of wisdom and reassurance you can give me that this is nothing to be super concerned over...). Thank you!!
Follow up: Dr. Rajat Basak 0 minute later
Hello! Im attaching a copy of a pathology report for a soft tissue mass found in my left nasal vestibule on a CT scan of my sinuses. I just visited my ENT and scheduled surgery for him to remove the balance of the papilloma (which he indicated is quite small now). I inderstand that there are three types of Schneiderian papillomas...inverting, exophytic and oncocytic. My ENT told me that mine is not the inverting thpe...can you review the report and let me know which of the other types it is (along with any other words of wisdom and reassurance you can give me that this is nothing to be super concerned over...). Thank you!!
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
The Schneiderian papilloma does not arise from the nasal vestibule.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
I've checked the report.

The Schneiderian papilloma does not arise from the nasal vestibule. Your papilloma is a type of inflammatory papilloma may be angiomatous. There is no added risk for any severe complication for this papilloma.

You can undergo surgery to remove it. The complication for surgery is minimal.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak 0 minute later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
I've checked the report.