Hello, I was diagnosed with uti 2 weeks ago and
I was diagnosed with uti 2 weeks ago and given macrobid and Augmentin. But now am feeling pressure in my abdomen and some chest pressure. Went to urgent care again and they gave me cipro and omeprazole....they think it is gastritis. But am worried it could be pancreatic or appendicitis.
I also suspect you may be suffering from gastritis.
Hello dear, welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
I also think you may be suffering from gastritis since you refer chest and abdominal pressure.
I don't think you may have appendicitis since its pain is located at the lower right abdomen. It is also accompanied by a fever.
Pancreatitis is generally accompanied by fever, pain and swelling at the middle of the abdomen. The pain is aggravated by eating and radiates to the back.
You should have done a helicobacter breathing test and probably an endoscopy to see the mucosal linning conditions.
Omeprazole is right treatment but I prefer another type of antibiotic such as Clarithromycin or Metronidazole as H. Pylori is more sensitive to them.
The treatment should continue for 14 days. Please discuss with your doctor about this.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.