Hello, I am taking 40 mg of geodon twice a
Yes, Gabapentin is relatively safer.
Hello thanks for using 'Ask A Doctor' service
I can understand your concern. Yes, Geodon or Ziprasidone is known to raise heart rate and sometimes results in QT prolongation. This could make the situation worse. Hydroxyzine too is known to result in similar side effects. So if your heart rate is going up to 140 then its time that re-evaluation should be done and Atarax can be replaced with some other relatively safer drug.
Gabapentin can be tried. The drug is relatively safe if QT prolongation is considered. The drug can be kept in options. This should help you in controlling anxiety. You can talk with your psychiatrist for this.
Please don't hesitate if you have more doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?