Hello, I am suffering from intermittent, acute abdominal pain .

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 23 Jan 2019 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hello,

I am suffering from intermittent, acute abdominal pain. It happened six or seven times over the course of a year. I cannot determine any dietary patterns. It seems random. Sudden sharp, severe abdominal cramping occurs and I end up in a full body sweat with my heart racing, nausea and sometimes vomiting. This goes on for about an hour or two and I typically end up on the floor until it passes after several bouts of very dark, watery diarrhea. Then I'm wiped out for the day. It's unpredictable and has interfered with work and daily life. The pain is the worst part, of course. Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts and advice.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to Infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Severe abdominal pain associated with diarrhoea goes more in favour of Infection of the bowel.It could be due to contaminated food or water.
Please avoid outside food.
As Liver function tests were abnormal, Ultrasound abdomen is asked.It shows the status of the Liver.It can give a clue for the abnormal tests.Nothing to worry about it.
If contaminated food or water is not the cause in your case,I prefer a CONTRAST ENHANCED CT SCAN ABDOMEN which gives an idea about the pain, vomiting and loose stool.
Hope you are not using any Antibiotic as some may cause severe pain with diarrhoea.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy