Hello, I am a diabetic and I am allergic to

Endocrinologist
Question
Hello, I am a diabetic and I am allergic to insulin (humolog, novolog, lantus, etc). My doctor put me on Humulin R-100. I continue to have the allergic reactions (constant coughing up mucus and have asthma symptoms including loud wheezing. I am treating the symptoms with albuterol, performant montelukast, prednisone, etc.) I would like an injection that will not cause these issues. I also take Levemere (no allergic reaction per testing), I also take Metformin and Jardiance for the diabetes. I take medication for high blood pressure and cholestorol. What can I take? I would like something where I can use a pen. Humulin R-100 is syringe only (I hate it ). Specialist and doctors did not find out I was allergic to insulin until after being sick for 9 - 10 months. went through all other allergy testing (painful), then I suggested that I might be allergic to the insulin, they performed the test, and yes I was. I live in the US, so it has to be medication available in this country.

Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
About Diabetes treatment;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
Your case is interesting as allergic reaction to insulin are very rare.
On the other hand, taking prednisone for a long time, will increase the blood sugar making it difficult to stabilize.
You didn't mention your BMI ( actual weight and your height) and HbA1c level, but if you are overweight I would suggest to take a GLP 1 agonist (victoza is one of them) that will help in loosing weight and improving HbA1c, reducing the need for insulin.
Full dose of metformine, liraglutide and Jardiance ( together with diet and physical activity) are the full dose of non-insulin treatment.
If HbA1c will be high with them, than we should take the risk in using insulin.
Hope the information will help.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta