Hello Dr. , I am currently taking Klonopin for panic
I am currently taking Klonopin for panic disorder and anxiety. i take .5mg a day or less. I am also a alcoholic but have reduced to three drinks a day. I have seasonal allergies and take Allegra as needed and occasional tylenol for back or foot pain.
My question is this: With my current meds and 3 drinks a day can I safely take my new med Norvasc for blood pressure without any adverse side effects and if so how do i juggle it safely? im working on myself trying to get to a better place and trying to take my meds but avoid adverse side effects. thanks for your help!
This can be taken safely.
Hello thanks for using ask a doctor service
Coming to your question-
You can take Norvasc without worries. Keep a gap for few hours between alcohol and the tablet. Avoid drinking in large amounts. Three drinks a day will not cause much interactions. You might have slight dizziness which occurs due to reduction in blood pressure. But overall there are no serious interactions.
Take the medicines in prescribed doses only.
Please let me know if you have ore doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?