Hello Doctor. My question is in regards to a symptom
My question is in regards to a symptom I have been having periodically that is quite painful but brief. I sometimes get sharp pain and acing under neath the upper part of my arm in the muscle area. it does not last long, but is extremely annoying and I cannot pinpoint it to any possible thing that I did that may have affected that area.. At times it is under the upper side of my left arm near the shoulder and recently I have been getting it under the right arm. :Pain just seems to radiate to my elbow and then goes away. I am not really doing anything at the time and only feel it when I am sitting and relaxing . but it is enough pain where it does get my attention. Any thoughts as to what it could possibly be causing this pain? I appreciate any incite you can provide.. Regards
Probably a pinched nerve, follow the advice below
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to a pinched nerve in the shoulder.
I recommend using anti inflammatory medication such as Naproxen 500 mg tree tablets a day.
I also suggest physical therapy.
I suggest to rest the area and void movements which can trigger the symptoms.
If the symptoms continue I suggest prescribed corticosteroids.
You should consult your doctor about this treatment because is on prescription.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?