Hello, 3 month back I have uti infection almost 3

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Feb 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello, 3 month back I have uti infection almost 3 month I ate antibiotic then doc diagnosis I had urethra structure so he did systocopy early of XXXXXXX this year but until now I still have pain when urine and lower stomach pain. What I should do now.? Can I take himalaya XXXXXXX to solve it? How long need to take this XXXXXXX ? I always drink 3 liter of water and also flaxseed water early morning. Today morning also I went to clinic to check urine test and doc said I have mild infection.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need proper evaluation .

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted you seem to have UTI secondary to Stricture of the Urethra Your Urologist has done cystoscopic examination and probable dilated the urethra However you still have obstructive voiding symptoms indicating that your problem is not resolved completely..

Ideally the modality of treatment of urethra is decided on following factors
1) Site of the stricture
2) Extent of the stricture
3) length of the urethra involved
4) whether stricture is flimsy (soft) or hard

To decide the precise modality you need to do following investigations
1) Retrograde Cysto Urethrogram (RGU)
2) Micturiting Cysto Urethrogram (MCU)
3) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis

If the stricture is hard and tight you will need to undergo open surgery of reconstruction of urethra either by end end anastomosis or Buccal mucosa graft urethroplasty

I would suggest you to take second opinion of other urologist and get these tests done to plan out the proper modality of treatment .

The medicine that you are taking will not help to resolve your problem .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 10 hours later
Noted doctor... Thank you ur explanation One more enquiry: for temporary can I drink ural 3 times a day then I meet another urologist two weeks later? because currently I'm busy with job... Is this issue will effect my kidney doctor? I'm worry about that.... .
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Taking Ural will not help to resolve the basic problem

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Ural is Urine Alkalizer and has no role to correct narrowing of Urethra (Stricture) hence it will nor cure the issue .

You need to get investigated and plan out proper modality of treatment earlier if neglected it will have back pressure changes in kidney and will lead to UTI .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng