Having sinus and problem with throat. Diagnosed Bronchitis and pleurisy. Treated with nebulizer having albuterol and ipratropium bromide. Suggest

Posted on Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in General Health
Question: Hi, I need help with my pleurisy . I've had it for about 2 moths now, too many complications with sinus and throat, couple days ago went to to urgent care again***
now they told me I have Bronchitis too, I feel better with the breathing treatment, with nebulizer having albuterol and ipratropium bromide also antibiotics but the pain is worst way worst since the breathing treatments I have the feeling of burning inside my lung, AlsoIf I don't use the Albuterol I get a sharp pain that comes from my throat going t my chest neck and lung, as soon as I use the Albuterol and Ipatropium on the Nebulizer it goes away almost completely but at the same time the pain and burning on the lung its worst. and also starting with the pain on the right lung which it was completely healthy before.
Can someone help me with this? I don't know what's causing me this, I m desperate and in a lot of pain not even Vicodiin helps.
I had already a Chest CT so I know I don't have cancer or tumors
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later
Hi XXXXX,

I am sorry that you are in so much pain. Yes, you are right. You do not have cancer or tumor.

The pleura/covering of the lungs is a very delicate and sensitive layer. When it is inflamed, the pain is sharp and unbearable at times. I empathize with you. You are on the right treatment with albuterol, Ipratopium bromide, and the antibiotics. You must continue them for some more time.

See the nebulizer is giving you relief and your pain goes away when you take it. So, you may need to take it often, several times a day to keep away from the pain.

You know the answer yourself; with complete treatment, you would recover well.

Along with the existing measures, I would recommend you take chest physiotherapy as well for fast recovery and for the lungs and the pleura to get back to normal.

Try a mild dose of higher opioid analgesics temporarily if the pain is severe.

It is better for you to stay under medical care in a hospital for a few days until you recover completely.

Let me know your progress.

Take good care of yourself.

Dr. Shanthi.E