Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Having shivering in hand. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 37 Questions
my mom has a shivering in his right hand for close to 4 years and its increasing can u guide me any specialist doctor i can consult at kolkata
I mean she shivers a lot maximum with right hand my email is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 7 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic. Thanks for posting your query.
Your mom has right upper limb shivering for ~4 years.
This tremor could be essntial tremor or beginning of parkinsons disease.
You need to consult a neurologist.
If you need any more help please give a detailed history
When it shivers more sittling idle or working?
Is it also involving lower limbs?
Is she also slow in her daily tasks? How's her speech?

Best wishes,
Dr. Neeraj Baheti

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having shivering in hand. Which specialist should I consult? 15 hours later
It tremors more while working or when angry and also when she is anxious as for lower limbs are concerned she does not have consistent balance yes she is slow in her daily task she cannot eat properly and she cannot make her hairs . Her speech also have a tremoring effect.
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 10 hours later
From the details you have given it looks more lime essential tremor except for slowness in activities.
Please consult a neurologist locally. He will sort the things for you and don't worry essential tremor will improve with medications.

Best Wishes,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having shivering in hand. Which specialist should I consult? 14 hours later
Can u guide me with the best neuro consultant of india
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 9 hours later
Hello pintu,
Just show neurologist in vicinity. He/She will sort the issues foe you. should you encounter some issues or you are not satisfied, i will definitely help you out.
But don't worry her problem is not that big and we encounter these cases in day to day. So your neurologist will definitely help you in best way.

Best wishes,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor