Having severe pain near wisdom teeth. How to reduce the pain?

Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde

Dentist, Prosthodontics

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Dental Health
Question: I have severe pain near to my wisdom teeth . I belive one more teeth is commong up that could be wisdom teeth .
Could please let me know how to reduce my pain
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 22 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thank you for the query. There are 2 possibilities, one as you said the tooth is trying to erupt another is the skin over the partly erupted wisdom tooth is not kept clean which has led to infection. For the relief of pain you can take Paracetamol 3-4 times /day, keep the region clean by brushing after food. Do warm salt water gargling frequently till the pain subsides. If the pain does not subside within a day or 2, it is better to get it checked by dentist if needed X-ray may be taken and further treatment advised.

Wish you speedy recovery; if you need to clarify further I am available

With happy regards,