Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Having pain below rib cage and noticed lump with some pain. Should I be worried?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5571 Questions

i am a 33 year old male, i had a dull ache on my side just below my right rib cage and noticed a small hard lump there, when i press on the lump there is slight pain , should i be worried and go see my gp? the lump is pea sized and is located directly under the centre of my right rib
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.

First of all, let me reassure you that this is unlikely to be any serious problem.

The most common problem, which can present like this a minor local infection. This should resolve on its own in a few days. For relief, you could take analgesics such as ibuprofen or diclofenac.

At present, there is no need to see a doctor. However, if it does not subside in a few days or if it increases in size, you could consult a doctor.

I hope it helps. Please get back if yo have any further queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor