Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Having headache and abdominal pain, abdomen feels sensitive to touch. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1357 Questions
I have been experiencing odd abdominal pain. Last night I had bad cramps in my upper abdominal region, and all I had was aleve, so I took two and the pain subsided. Then today, I woke up with a very bad headache that is still around and my stomach is very sensitive to the touch. It feels bruised, and It is most painful in the upper abdomen and just a bit touchy around my belly button. I have never had this before, but the last few days have been very eventful for me. It was my 21st birthday on friday and I took part in drinking, some drugs, and I also hit my head very hard that night from a fall. These are just included details, just in case.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Pain due to Aleve. Take advised treatment Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Firstly, Aleve is an anti-inflammatory pain-killer, which causes severe irritation and acidity in the stomach (called Acute Drug-induced Gastritis). Upon that, you had taken double dose of Aleve! Immediately buy a bottle of antacid gel (available OTC) and take 30ml straightaway and thereafter, 30ml every 6 hours for a total of 48 hours. In addition, buy another OTC anti-acid drug, such as Rabeprazole- to be taken twice daily for at least a week, till the stomach ulcers heal. You will be all-right within a maximum of 48 hours. IN FUTURE, NEVER TAKE MORE THAN ONE ALEVE and should be taken IMMEDIATELY MEALS ONLY: NOT EMPTY STOMACH. Headache is either due alcohol-induced, blunt injury due to fall; or, a migraine attack. Take 100mg Sumatriptan with a cup of extra-strong coffee. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor