Suggest remedies for persistent cough

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Sat, 7 Oct 2017 in Lump
Question: I fell off a ladder pretty high up and I went to the ER and when I got home I went to my family DR. but now I can put in a hard days work cause I cough and I can hardly talk no more than a whisper and I feel like I am not going to make it please what is wrong with me and what DR. do I need to see
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need to consult a Pulmonologist.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on HealthcareMagic.
I can understand your concern.

You had fall and blunt injury.
This can cause even Pneumothorax.
Pneumothorax can cause cough, severe breathing difficulty (not able to speak or whisper).
So better to consult pulmonologist and get done a chest X-ray at first.

If the chest X-ray is showing pneumothorax then you will need intercostal chest drainage (ICD) insertion.
If the chest X-ray is normal then no need to worry for pneumothorax.

Please let me know--
1. Which body part did you fall on?
2. Do you have breathlessness also?

Please let me know the details regarding this so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further.

Wish you a good health.
Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee