Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Having cramp in interior side of breast. Having menopause. BP is not normal. What could it be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
Thank you. I feel absolutely normal except I have a sense of a cramp in the interior side of my left breast. I have no other symptoms. So I went to the pharmacy and did a blood pressure test. I am an very athletic and active 56 year old woman. And just now started menopause. My bp was 150/90. Very very different than my normal 125/80.
I have had an achy achilles and have just chalked it up to age but now I am wondering - could this be a clot?
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Observe for a couple of days. It might be stress

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

With respect to your blood pressure, I suggest it might be necessary to take the blood pressure all over again. You will need to have rested for at least 5 minutes and calm. It might be elevated due to stress I suppose.

The pain in the left breast might need some examination. Lack of any family history of breast cancer, no breast lumps nor lymph nodes should make us to observe for some time. If pain persists, a clinical review and may be a mamography should be done. For now, I think it is not an emergency. However, you should discuss the place of the mamography with your doctor in your next normal physician visit.

At the level of the Achille' s tendon, I think you need to observe. Clots generally cause pain most of the time in case of clots at the level of the calf muscles. However, other signs like the foot becoming larger, painful and blue should be suggestive of a clot. A family history of blood vessel disease is important. If not, massage and observation for now are sufficient.

I suggest you stay calm, observe for a couple of days. If symptoms are persistent or intensify, it might then require that you consult a doctor. Thanks once again and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor