Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Having blurred vision. It shakes. Reading been on double figures. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
i have d2 and i am being blurred vision and the shakes, but it feels its on the inside, my reading has been in the double figures for a while..
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation. Monitor BP and sugar level

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX
I can understand your concern.

Your symptoms of blurred vision, shakes and history of cataract and high blood pressure suggests some problem in your eyes. This may be due to problem in retina or in vitreous cavity or lens.

If I see any of my patients with such symptoms, I check for BP and blood glucose level and if abnormal will treat them first and then will refer to ophthalmologist for further examination (split lamp, fundoscopy, retinoscopy) to diagnose the cause. You may require FFA (fundus fluorescein angiography) based on your doctor advice. The further management depends on the diagnosis. So I advice you to consult your doctor for further management.

Hope this answered your question. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor