Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

147 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have white line at the rim of penis. What would have caused this?

Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 9823 Questions

Posted on Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Question: I have a white line at the rim of my penis head
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be collected smegma in coronal sulcus. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed white line around coronal sulcus. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem 1) Did you have dry ,rough sex very recently? 2) Did you have any wound around coronal sulcus? 3) Does it smell bad? 4) Do you have any urinary symptoms? 5) Are you able to move your foreskin freely over glans penis? This could be either collected smegma around coronal sulcus or may be slough ( necrotic tissue) around coronal sulcus. Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and further treatment. Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily . Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician. Wash your genital with anti microbial solution like Betadine gently and apply topical antibiotic ointment . It should heal up within a week. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 3 minutes later
Hi,to all your questions ,the answer is no to all. I have no foreskin ,im cut
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be Ballanitis Xerotica Obliterance(BXO) Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for feed back. Ple It could be what is called as Ballanitis Xerotica Obliterance (BXO) however final diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified Urologist. Please go ahead and consult Urologist for clinical evaluation. Thanks and Regards. Dr,Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Smegma

doctor1 MD

I have recently been treated for a UTI,when i finished taking the Rx I still had same symptoms, them I was treated for Chlamydia because I told the doctor I had pain after I use soap in the shower of what I though was my Urethra.Ccome to find out, ( I feelso Stupid) it is my clitoris. when i press back the hood I see a white build up. After not being satisfied about the chlamydia diagnosis I searched online and came to the conclusion of Smegma? I've never heard of this but the pics are exactly whats going on with me. How can I treat this? And why does it burn so bad when I urinate after the shower. (Thats the only time i Have pain while urinating).

doctor1 MD

hi iam a 20 year old male. the frenulum of my penis has been swollen since the past 8 months. initially there was some smegma collection under my foreskin following which i applied a cream containing steroids and an antibiotic for a month after which i stopped. it had become seemingly fine bt has again inflamed over the last week. please help

doctor1 MD

Is it bad to swallow your smegma because I cleaned my tool and it got stuck in the drain I scarped it off with a brush and I tried to clean the brush and I accidentally think I sprayed my self while cleaning it and I think I might have had smegma on my lip because I felt it

doctor1 MD

my wife and I had a session where she was masturbating me and I received friction burns on my penis, a few days later I found some white mass below my glans and has been recurring. looks like smegma but much thicker

doctor1 MD

Hi. I have had an issue regarding my clitoris being inflamed, itchy, slightly red and painful. the problem started 3 days ago and has yet to get any better at all. I have not done anything irregular, no intercourse leading up to this point and...

doctor1 MD

i have white dots running down my frenulum to just beneath it on the one side, they are white and no bigger than 1-2mm.. I have just tried to wash it off without luck and picked abit and blood came out.. I also have noticed a bad smell even though i wash it daily and a little bit of smegma, help please?

doctor1 MD

I have found a seed like shape inside the shaft of my penis. It does not hurt and I can take it out and it will just comw back. I had this problem for a few years.