Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have small pimple like bump on penis head. Could it be genital warts?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
i'm growing worry that i might have genital warts, i have a small pimple like bump on the head of my penis, i'm uncircumsised and sometimes a bit dirty down there, could this cause the bump? also, I was masturbating a lot right before i noticed the pimple like bump, and my hygiene isnt the best up until after the bump appeared.
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

The glans penis can present with a lot of worrisome features. It has a lot of crypts and dried smegma tends to accumulate on those crypts to form such pimples.

You should definitely maintain good hygiene, clean the area with water and clean soap twice daily. That is all that helps in just a week's time.

I assume that you are not practising unsafe intercourse and do not have burning sensation and pus or foul smelling discharge from the penis?

That ends my answer if you have further queries you are welcome to post.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have small pimple like bump on penis head. Could it be genital warts? 3 hours later
After i noticed the bump on the head i started washing my penis with soap religiously, I then started getting a burning sensation while peeing, I'm not sure if it smells any different, possibly, but no pus discharge. I did recently have unsafe sex. could this be a std or a uti?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 7 hours later
Yes there is a possibility of STD or UTI. You should better get tested at the local doctor. There is no point in delaying to understand the other reasons.

Let me know your follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor