Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Have pregnancy symptoms but negative pregnancy test. Is there a way to examine myself and find out for sure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 816 Questions
hellohello my name is XXXXXXX and I'm 18 years old abd I believe I'm pregnant but ever test I do comes up - and I have all the signs of pregnancy no doc wants to examan me because I have no medical coverage is ture a way I can do N exam on myself to find out for sure is there an exam I can do on myself at home to tell if I'm pregnant or not
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 32 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Examination findings are very subtle to be detected during early pregnancy; so we often rely on laboratory test to diagnose pregnancy.

To detect whether you are pregnant or not, a urine pregnancy test at home with test kit is the most safe and easiest method. The kits are easily available at pharmacy. If there is any doubts with the result you can go for blood hCG levels and or ultrasound abdomen.

I understand your concern. But I do not think you can examine yourself to confirm pregnancy. Consult a gynecologist and go for the tests (if possible) to detect pregnancy.

I hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other enquiries.

Best Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor