Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Have pain and soreness in upper inner thigh and bruise appeared behind knee. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10510 Questions
I have pain in my upper inner thigh similar to soreness from exercising (lunges) and on my outer lower quadricep just above my knee where it looks like there are tiny broken blood vessels or spider veins. Behind my knee there is a large dark bruise that does not hurt. Also, there is a tightness that makes it painful to walk or especially, get out of my car.
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The symptoms you are having are likely to be due to XXXXXXX vein thrombosis. Appearance of bruise above the knee without any history of injury is worrisome and needs an immediate medical attention. It can be due to platelet dysfunction or a bleeding disorder or thrombosis.You need to consult your physician for a detailed examination and necessary investigations so that appropriate treatment can be started soon.
Long term use of hormonal replacement therapy can also cause such symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor