Have low motile sperm. Will Hi Q Plus and Paternia help to improve the motility?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Infertility Problem
Question: My current sperm count is 170 million/ml. However my motility is 47%.

Rapid linear progression is 18%
Slow linear progression is 18%
Immobile is 53%

Also HOS is 50%

52% of my sperm is normal where as 48% is abnormal. I have been advised to take Hi Q Plus and Paternia tablets for 3 months. Will this help increase my motiltiy? What are the changes of me improving my sperm quality?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing to us. I have gone through your semen analysis report in detail.

According to WHO guideline,2010,your semen analysis report is quite normal.
In case of sperm motility, I want to comment some:
Lower limit of progressive sperm motility is 32% but you have 36% (Rapid + Slow linear progression) which is good one. Also you have to increase sperm motility up to 50% to high up the chance for successful pregnancy. Above prescribed medicines are good one. You need to repeat the semen analysis test after 3 months.

Follow the guideline for lifestyle modification and improving Sperm Quality:
1) Take healthy balanced diet and eat fresh fruits or leafy vegetables.
2) Need Multivitamin (Specially Vitamin-E & C) and Zinc supplements with diet.
3) Regular physical exercise by running/ swimming/treadmill & control body weight.
4) Avoid hot working place and wear loose undergarments.
5) Avoid stress/psychological upset by regular XXXXXXX breathing (20-30 times).
6) Take bath with only cold water and maintain personal hygiene.
7) Quit habit of smoking/ alcohol. You may need psychological counseling.
8) Drink plenty of water/fluids to keep hydrated and active all time.
9) Avoid too frequent sexual intercourse and do it at an interval.
10) Take care of testicle to avoid any kind of trauma/ infection.
11) Periodic health check up to your doctor and measuring blood sugar & BP.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish your good health and successful life.