Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Have lesions. Looking for a human skin parasite specialist

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
We are looking for a human skin parasite specialist. I am at 000-000-0000 or email YYYY@YYYY .
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in TMJ
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 8 hours later

Thanks for the query.

The lesions are too aggressive by look to be caused by a parasite.

Skin eruptions are common in Cutaneous Larva Migrans of Ancylostoma braziliense infestation and Norwegian Scabies but they do not look that destructive.
It is also possible that the patient has scratched due to itch and has caused them to look like that.

Another possibility is of being eaten by some insect especially if the patient has gone to sylvatic waters.

Third important differential diagnosis is a skin infection with Staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome.

If you can elaborate how the lesions started and progressed and what were the antecedent activities and what are your suspicions; I might be able to give you more information.

Also get a Complete blood count, C - reactive protein blood tests and write a follow up query with these details.

Meanwhile you may start a Skin cream Fucidin - apply twice daily locally.
Take tablet Bandy Plus twice a day for three days can be taken under clinician’s prescription.

Please get these investigations and inform me in a Fresh Query / Follow up Query for further fine tuned opinion

Wish you a great health!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor