Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Have high Sgpt and SGOT level. Don't drink alcohol. How to make it normal?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
hi, myself Pranav. my Sgpt level is 108 and sgot is 78. other test like alkaline phos.,serum bilrubin, blood sugar all are in normal range.what medicine i should take to get back sgpt and sgot level normal. i do not drink alcohal at all.
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Reason for these tests

Detailed Answer:

The levels of SGPT and SGOT are high. They are not significant though to figure out the reason for their raise. They should be more than 3 times the normal value to be worried about and right now they are not. It would have been good if you had tell me the reason why these tests were done.

Please note that the doctors should treat the person with problems but not the reports which most often have limited value.

We find such reports commonly during general examination and most often relate them to the fast lifestyle, sedentary habits of the individual. Avoid junk food including maida, pasta, potato (i mean white looking food) and switch to greener and dark colored food. The levels should come down on their own.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor