Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on its own?
Concerned about it. The surgeon said it takes 2
Months to fully heal and will see me again in a couple of weeks.
I am concerned that my lip will never be the same and uneven.
I have uploaded a picture so you can see the ridge, the area is still lumpy on the inside lip, please advise what my next step should be?
The pic shows the defect on the right hand side.
Thanks for the query.
I understand you are concerned with cosmetic problem of your lip as revealed in the picture. I shall and provide you with some helpful information.
The mucous membrane of the mouth and lips is highly vascular compared to mucous membrane of the other organs. Therefore the healing of any wound in mouth and lips is excellent. Due to same reasons it also common to see lip swelling after injury or a procedure. Such swellings gradually fade with time.
The process of healing and reduction in swelling can take up to 6 weeks. Beyond 6 weeks I am confident that the scar tissue will have normal appearance. It would be very difficult to identify the scar after complete healing. So you need not be worried now.
Please follow the instructions given by your doctor and follow-up with the surgeon.
Hope this answers your query. In case you have any query, please do not hesitate to write to me.
My main concern is not the scar tissue as this has healed nicely it is the lip area that looks deformed and is not symmetrical to the other side. How long before my lips are the same size and even on both sides.
I have seen the picture that you have loaded. It still shows edema of the lower lip which is normal after any surgery. I am 100% confident that your lower lip will be as good as upper one within 6 weeks time. So do not worry at all.
Hope this is reassuring. I will be glad to assist you if you have other concerns.
If all your concerns are addressed, please close this discussion.
With kind regards
So you are saying in another 6 weeks in addition to the 6 that have passed I will make a full recovery.
As the cyst which was removed creates a dead space at the site of cyst which heals from below and so it takes a long time.There is no short cut or anything that you can do to fasten the recovery. Hope this will clear your doubts.With Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sebaceous cyst on areola cure
- Foods to cure liver cysts
- Natural cure for sebaceous cyst
- How to cure bakers cyst
- Treatment and cure for removed cyst
- Will flucloxacillin cure bartholin cyst
- Epididymal cyst ayurvedic cure
- Testicular cysts natural cures
- Natural cure for endometrial cyst
- Laser hair removal cured my pilonidal cyst
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?