Have genetic strep b. How long does norovirus last?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Genetics
Question: i think i have the noro virus how long does it last
also can a person have genes against contracting this virus
my daughter has genetic strep b her boyfriend appears to contract the noro virus every year since they have been together my daughter has a good job and works in an office block and this virus appears to go through everyone there accept for my daughter she doesnt get it. can you give me advice
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Norovirus infection causes nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and the infection most of the times s self limiting and requires only a symptomatic treatment. Usually the infection resolves in 7-10 days.
The immunity against this virus is not genetically transmitted and is short term. Your daughter is lucky not to get the infection often. Taking vitamin C supplements will help in boosting the immunity of her boyfriend also.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.