Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

129 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have dark complexion on face compared to body. Any suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions

My body is very fair,but my face is dark.

Can you suggest something so that my whole body becomes the same colour
Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 36 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

The darkness over your face which is in all probability due to sun exposure can be treated to a great extent.
Follow the below mentioned skin care routine-
Use a glycolic acid or salicylic acid based face wash
Use a sunscreen of SPF more than 30.
Avoid sun exposure as much as possible, use sunglasses, broad brimmed hat or cotton scarf to cover face.
Take oral antioxidant supplements and oral vitamin C supplements
Apply kojic acid, arbutin, vitamin c based creams in morning and glycolic acid or triple combination cream (tretinoin, mometasone and hydroquinone ) in night. However caution is adviced with triple combination cream, it should not be used beyond three weeks.
If any redness or irritation occurs with the above mentioned creams, it should be stopped immediately.
Apart from these, you can also take few sessions of chemical peels to regain your constitutive skin colour.
Hope that solves your query. Should there be more query, I would be happy to answer again.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist