Have cmv. Getting worse. Is there any antiviral drug that I can take orally?

Posted on Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Question: I have cmv It is getting worse I there an antiviral drug I can be given orally to slow it down some? Thanks

Plz answer this question....I feel very sick & my vision is not good Thanks Email me as soon as you have an answer thanks
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ganciclovir or Foscarnet can help you.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Anti viral drugs like ganciclovir and Foscarnet can help to slow down the disease process. These can be given orally but you will have to consult your treating physician for the proper prescriptions.
Highly Active Anti Retroviral therapy is also used to decrease the disease progression.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thank you so much I will call my DR tomorrow morning for an appointment!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
I am glad I could help.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN