Have burning sensation in mouth, throat, stomach, penis and scrotum. Caused due to acid reflux?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: i have burning in the mouth, throat, stomach, and in the penis and scrotum. Is this all acid reflex.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Burning in the mouth, throat and stomach can be caused by acid reflux, but there is no way for acid reflux to cause burning in the penis and scrotum.
Burning in the penis and scrotum is usually caused by symptoms can be also caused by testicle inflammation, epidydimis, prostate inflammation.
It is advisable to have urine analysis and abdominal ultrasound to have it checked. Full blood work and PSA level should be checked as well.
If it is about burning in the mouth, throat and stomach, it can be also caused by peptic ulcer, stomach mucosa inflammation. It is advisable to have upper GI endoscopy to rule it out. During this test, ECG and heart enzymes (CK-MB and Troponine).

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.