Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Have a lump on inner thigh. Got it cut and drained it out. Having pain. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14968 Questions
I have a lump on my right inner thigh I went to my dr. last month he cut it open and drained it but it came back and it is still draining a little bit but I have pain when my under clothes rub on it.

Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 51 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

From your description, it sounds like you had an abscess to the thigh that was incised and drained.
An abscess is a localised collection of pus.

When these are drained,some amounts of pus can remain and cause re infection and new abscess formation.

In some cases the walls of the abscess have to been broken down by probing with an instrument and the wound has to be left open by leaving guaze in it for a few days to allow any remaining pus to drain out.

YOu need to consider re visiting your doctor who would likely need to incise the area again.
Since it is a recurrence, your doctor may consider a course of antibiotics.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor